Colored contact lenses provide a quick, easy and inexpensive way to temporarily alter your natural eye colour. Whether you are after a natural enhancement or a gruesome transformation, Crazy Lenses has amassed a range of circa 350 unique designs spanning categories like Halloween Contact Lenses, Cosplay, Anime, SFX and Natural.
We also stock an extensive range of vibrant colours such as our bestselling Three Tone Grey Contact Lenses which are ideal for those who want to get the Kim Kardashian look, Glimmer Blue Contact Lenses for those after a set of dreamy blue eyes and Dolly Eye Hazel Contact Lenses for an added dose of sophistication.
Worn by award-winning special FX artists, high-profile Instagram models and A-List celebrities, our colored lenses are also frequently used by high-profile TV and movie production companies.
What are colored contact lenses?
Colored contact lenses are identical to the clear prescription lenses that you can buy from an optometrist, but with the addition of a printed design that sits on the outer facing surface. In non-prescription form they can be worn to enhance or transform your natural eye colour. Meanwhile, in prescription form they can be used to improve vision too.
UK Colored Contact Lenses vs cheap imports
Over recent years there’s been an influx of, low quality, cheap colored contacts from places like China and Korea. However, At Crazy Lenses, we only stock UK Manufactured soft lenses, a high quality, yet cheaper and more comfortable alternative to hard lenses, they now account for 90% of contact lens usage in the USA. Meanwhile, the printing process takes place in sterile conditions and involves the use of strong patented pigments, all of which are approved and compliant with the EU Cosmetics Directive.
How long can you safely wear coloured contact lenses for?
Colored contact lenses can be worn safely for up to 8 consecutive hours. However, they shouldn’t be worn overnight. Instead, the lenses should be removed and stowed away in a solution-filled, air tight container.
Advice on staying safe while wearing colored contact lenses
It’s important to take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your eyes when wearing colored lenses. To help you out, here’s a list of the most important do’s and don’ts:
1. Do sterilize colored contact lenses before use. To avoid infection and damage to the eye, soak your lenses in sterile solution before and after use. We recommend ReNu Multipurpose Contact Lens Solution for this.
2. Do stop wearing them if you experience irritation. If the lenses irritate the eye, feel uncomfortable or cause redness, you should remove them immediately and consult an eye doctor or optometrist for advice on future use.
1. Don’t share your lenses with anyone else. Doing so will substantially increase the chances of you contracting a bacterial infection, which in the most severe cases can cause irreversible damage.
2. Don’t wear multiple lenses in one eye. People often assume that they can wear colored contact lenses over the top of clear prescription lenses. However, this shouldn’t be done under any circumstances. Wearing multiple pairs of lenses at once is likely to cause irritation at best. Meanwhile, the more severe consequences can be a scratch to the cornea and even blindness.
3. Don’t wear colored contacts if you have a pre-existing eye infection or have recently had eye surgery. If you’ve recently had an eye infection, injury or have undergone eye surgery, you should refrain from wearing color contacts until you’ve consulted an optometrist or eye doctor for advice.
4. Don’t wear ripped or damaged colored contact lenses. Wearing a ripped or damaged contact lens can be extremely dangerous as it can lead to fragments breaking off and becoming lodged in the eye. It’s therefore important to handle your colored contact lenses with extreme care, avoiding contact with sharp objects such as finger nails.